Monday, February 20, 2012

A little about me.

I was born in Detroit and lived there for a little while then later moved to Southfield. I have a strong love for music. I write, sing and rap. Music has always been a part of my life even way before art. Being able to express myself through music is something that I wouldn’t trade for the world. I am a very oriented person. I love to be around my family because those are some of the few people who I can truly be myself around. Art is something that I like a lot to because it has such a large open range of creativity. I like making art with meaning. My tattoos that I have mostly designed myself all have significant meaning to me. I am a very open minded person. Trying and experiencing new things that will help my creativity in my music and in my art is always something I enjoy doing. 

6 comments:

  1. I really enjoy creating music along with visual art as well! They balance each other out nicely and I think that they can inform each other in a lot of subtle ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the video you made last semester where you incorporated painting with the song that you wrote. It definitively shows that balance that Chis was talking about. Its interesting to hear that you create your own tattoos, I think that is a very creative aspect in a person and it always makes each one so personal because it is unique, the only one there is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. im a tad jealous that you can create music. its something i've never been able to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your portrait project should definitely express yourself through music in some way. Collaborating images and your writing should be really interesting and different from people with different talents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there really art without meaning?

    Something or anything without meaning does not exist in my opinion. If i grab a random stick and stab it in the ground, it could seem meaningless, but maybe it means i just dont give a shit. I think its all about connection. Its easy to think meaningless if you dont connect to something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really think you should put some of your artwork with this blog; like some of the things I saw in your powerpoint!!! I believe your artwork really expressed exactly what you just said :)

    ReplyDelete